Today is World Aids Day..and to inform you all on the histroy of AIDS..let me drop some knowledge.
- At the end of 2003, an estimated 1,039,000 to 1,185,000 persons in the United States were living with HIV/AIDS.
- In 2006, 35,314 new cases of HIV/AIDS in adults, adolescents, and children were diagnosed in the 33 states with long-term, confidential name-based HIV reporting. CDC has developed a new and innovative system designed to estimate the number of new HIV infections (or incidence) for the United States in a given year. Using this new technology, CDC estimates that 56,300 new HIV infections occurred in the United States in 2006.
- In 2006, almost three quarters of HIV/AIDS diagnoses among adolescents and adults were for males.
- Although blacks, or African Americans, made up only 13% of the population in the 33 states, they accounted for almost half of the estimated number of HIV/AIDS diagnoses made during 2006.
- In 2006, persons aged 25–34 and persons aged 35–44 accounted for the largest proportions of newly diagnosed HIV/ AIDS cases
Bet you ddnt know that know did ya? Educate yourself, and get tested if you havent already done so. it’s not just your life your saving, but its someone you love as well.